The standard cost of living SIM has established for a family of five working in Loja is $6,242/month. The following is a breakdown of this amount as well as descriptions of some of the line items:
|Home Assignment Housing Reserve||175|
|Current Retiree Assistance||85|
|Admin – Sending Office||500|
|Assistance to Home Staff||125|
|Admin – International||90|
|Admin – Field Office||53|
Administration & Services: This includes many things, such as…
– Receipting for all donations.
– Resources to help us share our vision and the vision of SIM
– Help in navigating the world of visas, passports, and other legal aspects of international travel and living.
– Team training and consulting on the field.
– Member care.
– Operating expenses for seven international sending bases and an international headquarters office.
Passage Reserve: This portion is set aside each month to cover travel costs for our family’s home assignment in the U.S.
Medical Insurance: This includes premiums for medical, dental, and vision. It also includes medical emergency evacuation insurance in the event that any of us needed to be evacuated to a country with better medical care in an emergency. Co-pays and deductibles are paid out of our salary.